Born : December 8, 1989
Jamilah Haji was born on December 8, 1989, her hometown in Narathiwat, Thailand. She graduated with a bachelor's degree 2nd class honours Visual Arts Faculty of Arts, Prince of Songkla University, Pattani Campus. Then completed a master's degree in Thai Art Department, Faculty of Painting Sculpture and Graphic Arts, Silpakorn University.
Jamilah fascinated by art and embroidery since childhood. During childhood, the homemade’s career in embroidery. When she was studying at a higher level, she began to learn that "art" is not just drawing. It is various processes can express the art depends on the artist's aptitude. In the beginning, her artwork had painted with acrylic and oil paints. Her artwork was a recording of the atmosphere, feeling, impression, the inspiration of the mosque architectural shape with the 5-time. A recording of 5 prayers moods Inspiration for the creation of Jamilah's work started from looking at the story close to herself.
There is inspiration about the roles and duties of Muslim women towards the family and the status of Muslim women. In the context of contemporary society of the world, brought the inspiration to create works when the time changes the age and level of our thinking began to increase. Resulting in self-pondering reviewing that our lives must have clear goals focus on life planning is living with purpose in the world, and the next world could be a couple together.
Jamilah's artworks are guidelines for creating a new drawing style. It is presented uniquely by using methods and materials to create a painting which was conveyed by the sewing process merged with materials that have the content that means the meaning of being a good woman. According to the view of Islamic based on the inspiration from the doctrine of religion through the role and function of being a good woman, both for the family and society, also conveyed with embroidery techniques in 2-dimensional painting styles, mixed media art and installation art.
- 2013-2015 - Master of Fine Art, Major in Thai Art, Faculty of Painting, Sculpture and Graphic Arts, Silpakorn University, Thailand
- 2008-2012 - Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual arts, 2nd Class Honor). Visual arts Department, Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts Prince of Songkla University. Pattani Campus. Thailand
- 2005-2007 - Darussalam School, Narathiwat Provice, Thailand.
- 2012 - Scholarships from " General Prem Tinsulanonda Statesman Foudation 2011 "
- 2008 - Scholarships for Higher Education for Southern Border Provinces Development (Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre)
- 2007 - Present the petition asking for a scholarship at Office of His Majesty's Principal (Private Secretary)
- 2017 - Exhibitions The world of Muslim women at The National Gallery, Bangkok Thailand
- 2021 - The 10Tth Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT10) QAGOMA (Queenland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art)
- 2020 - 24 year exhibition of Thai painting group
- Young Artists Talent #1-11 “ ART New Norm ”
- 2019 - 65th National Exhibition of Art
- 41th Bua Luang Paintings Exhibition, Bangkok Bank
- 9th Asia Plus art Exhibition, Asia Plus Securities Public Company Limited,Bangkok,Thailand
- 4th Krungthai Art Awards Exhibition
- 2018 - Exhibition “ Beyond Atistic Boundary ” by Bangkok Bank.
- 33th Art Exhibition By PTT
- 40th 40th Bua Luang Paintings Exhibition, Bangkok Bank Foundation
- 2017 - Exhibition PATANI SEMASA | MAIIAM Contemporary Art Museum
- 39th Bua Luang Paintings Exhibition, Bangkok Bank Foundation
- 3th Krungthai Art Awards art Exhibition
- 2016 - Exhibition Bualuang Painting Memorial to bow in grace by Bangkok Bank.
- Art Camp Exhibition 2016 by the of Education and Art Creation Promotional Fund of "General Prem Tinsulanonda Statesman Foundation"
- 1th Aomsin Tin Thai Exhibition, Government Savings Bank
- 2015 " HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Painting Exhibition for honor Her Royal Highness
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
- 61th National Exhibition of Arts
- Art Camp Exhibition 2015 by the Education and Art Creation Promotional Fund of "General Prem Tinsulanonda Statesman Foundation"
- 5th Asia Plus Art Exhibition, Asia Plus Securities Public Company Limited, Bangkok,Thailand
- 1th Krungthai Art Awards Art Exhibition
- 2014 - 8-year Young Artists Creating Art with National Artists Exhibition
- 60th National Exhibition of Art
- 4th Asia Plus Art Exhibition, Asia Plus Securities Public Company
- 2013 - Art Camp Exhibition 2013 by Education and Art Creation Promotional Fund of
"General Prem Tinsulanonda Statesman Foundation"
- 2012 - Contemporary Art Contest by Kasikorn Bank, Bangkok, Thailand
- 27th PTT Art Exhibition By PTT Public Company Limited
- 2th Asia Plus Art Exhibition, Asia Plus Securities Public Company Limited, Bangkok, Thailand
- 7th Visual Elements of Life " Art Thesis Exhibition at CMU Art Center, Chiangmai
- 29th Exhibition of Contemporary Art by Young Artists on " Silp Bhirasri Day " Silpakorn University, Nakon Pathom, Thailand
- 2011 - 1th Asia Plus Art Exhibition, Asia Plus Securities Public Company Limited, Bangkok,
- 6th National Youth and Juvenile Art Exhibition by Bunditpatanasilpa lnstitute
- 2015 - 3rd Prize from Amata Art Award 7th
- 3rd Prize, Bualuang Bronze Medal, Contemporary Painting Category, "38th Bualuang Paintings Contest", Bangkok Bank
- 2016 - 1st Award in Line Fine Arts to Honor Princess Sirindhorn from 2th Arts of Bangkok
- 1rd Gold Medal, Bualuang Golden Medal, Contemporary Painting Category, "37th Bualuang Paintings Contest", Bangkok Bank Foundation (with a Arts Study Trip in Italy)
- 2014 " 3rd Class Honor Certificate Award and Bronze Medal in Painting from "60th National Exhibition of Art"
- 2013 - Special Award, "25th Toshiba - Bring Good Thing to Life" Art Exhibition
- 2nd Class Honor Certificate Award and Silver Medal in Painting from "59th National Exhibition of Art"
- 2nd Award Winner, "15th Panasonic Contemporary Painting Competition " in concept of " For the Good of Mankind "
- Special Award from "8th National Youth and Juvenile Art Exhibition" by Bunditpatanasilpa Institute
- 2012 - Special Award, "7th NAN MEE Fine Arts Award Paintings Contest"
- Scholarship for Study Trip and Workshop under the Program " The 3th Young Artists Talent " in USA, Office of Contemporary Art and Culture, Ministry of Culture and Thai Art-Council USA
- Selected in " 3rd Workshop in Contemporary Art Thai Youth Exhibition (Visual Art) " belong to National Artist; Mr. Thawan Dudchanee at Baan-Dum Nang Lair, Chiang Rai
- 2011 - Special Award from Exhibition celebration towards the King Bhumibol Adulyadej for
Golden paintbrush Award by Kasikorn Bank, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Honorable Mentioned in Painting Contest, Titled " Teacher "
- Special Award " The 28th Exhibition of Contemporary Art by Young Artists on " Silp- Bhirasri Day " at Silpakorn University, Nakon Pathom, Thailand
- 2010 - Special Award from "5th National Youth and Juvenile Art Exhibition"by Bunditpatanasilpa lnstitute
- 2009 - Bronze Medal from "4th National Youth and Juvenile Art Exhibition" by Bunditpatanasilpa institute